Ecommerce Marketing Services
Search engine optimisation for E-commerce websites is different to SEO for simpler information-only or ‘brochure’ style websites.E-commerce websites often have a complex site architecture with hundreds, thousands, even hundreds of thousands of product pages all with unique URLs plus dynamically created URLs from site search.
This means there are lots of technical factors that can affect SEO – duplicate content, URL structure, products moving locations or being removed altogether, canonical URLs and much more.
Keyword research is also very important – if you have an E-commerce website and want to improve your natural search rankings, there are five types of keyword to consider:
- Broad, generic keywords which will be tough to rank for but when you do, will bring you masses of traffic.
- Specific product searches or part numbers
- Ranking for branded keywords, the website should be first every time anyone searches specifically for you
- Highly specific searches which will be low-traffic but high conversion
- High numbers of ‘long tail’ information keywords